What is bile bear farming?
Bile bear farming is a painful practice where the bile of a living bear is extracted from his/her gallbladder. This bile is used as an ingredient for traditional medicine.
Although bile bear farming in Vietnam is slowly coming to an end, 369 bears are still suffering on 119 bear bile farms as of March 30, 2021. Read more about our work to #SavetheSaddestBears here.
What your donation can do?
- $10: Food for one day in the sanctuary
- $15: Medicine per day during their time in quarantine in the sanctuary
- $50: Enrichment (a bamboo swing or a boomer ball)
- $150: Medication on the day of the rescue
- $500: Travel costs to bring the bears to our BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh
About your donation
This project highlights one of the many FOUR PAWS activities which help animals around the world, showing the difference that we can make for animals together. Donations are used where they are needed most to help protect animals globally.
Your data is private.
Get in touch with us
FOUR PAWS Australia
Free Phone: 1800 454 228