for the lentil soup
- 80 g red lentils (rinse thoroughly in a sieve)
- 40 g quinoa (rinse thoroughly in a strainer)
- 100 g peeled carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 100 g peeled celeriac (cut into small cubes)
Other ingredients and spices
- 5 dl vegetable stock
- 3 dl coconut milk
- 2 dl of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 tbsp juice and 1 tsp. of organic lemon
- 10 g of tomato paste
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the lentil soup, heat the peanut oil in a saucepan and sauté the carrots and celery cubes with the ginger for 3 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and sprinkle with curry and cumin. Then add the lentils and quinoa, stir well and deglaze with vegetable stock.
Add the tomato puree and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Then remove the bay leaf, add the coconut milk, the lemon juice, grated ginger and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy the lentil soup sprinkled with parsley.