Animals used in entertainment and tourism are usually sedated or psychologically ‘beaten’ down to the point of submission to perform unnatural acts against their instincts. Even domesticated working animals are pushed beyond their limits. All spend their entire lives living in cruel, species-inappropriate conditions.
Here are a few of the typical victims of the Ruthless Tourism, the sad conditions in which they have to live until their death, and how you can Travel Kind to help them.
Killing big cats with cuddles
Bears abused in festivals and circuses
Brutal trainings for elephants
Marine mammals never to see the sea
Overworked working animals
Traumatised primates alone for life
- Do not take selfies with animals.
- Do not feed, pet, or hold wild animals. Respect their space.
- Do not ride elephants or working animals who are treated badly.
- Do not visit animal shows
- Do not buy souvenirs or products made from animals
Note: Any advertisements that may appear during the viewing of this video are unrelated to FOUR PAWS. We assume no liability for this content.
- Do photograph wildlife and animals in nature.
- Do your own research. Highly-rated tourist destinations are not necessarily ethical.
- Do visit places where there is no breeding, touching, trading, or hunting of animals.
- Spread the word and share our Travel Kind brochure to friends and family.
- Join our fight to end the wildlife trade by signing our petitions.