1. Choose animal-friendly chocolates and desserts
Pralines, chocolate, and sweets are proven classics on Valentine's Day. All the better if it didn't include hidden animal suffering. Pay attention to sweets containing palm oil, as the production is not only ecologically very questionable but also endangers the habitat of many endangered rainforest creatures, such such as orangutans. Also, many baked goods unfortunately still use caged eggs in baked goods. Animal-friendly alternatives make hearts beat faster!
FOUR PAWS TIPS
You have to be very careful with chocolate and flowers if cats, dogs and other small mammals live in the same household. Romantic gifts are often poisonous for four-legged friends - especially chocolate!
2. The way to win hearts is through their stomach
How about a romantic homemade dinner for Valentine's Day? Do not panic! Cooking animal-friendly and plant-based meals can be very simple.
3. A sexy way to care for animals
Many people do not know that even condoms are not purely vegetarian. They often contain the animal protein casein from cows. Surprise your loved one this Valentine's Day with vegan condoms, because an animal lover who cares about animal welfare is really sexy! And for those keen on spicing things up, whips do not have to be made of leather, there are already very good imitation leather and feathers!
4. Pamper your loved ones with romantic gifts
Romance your way with animal-friendly gifts. How about
- Gifting some pampering time with vegan cosmetics?
- Or, spend valuable time together in a non-exploitative wildlife sanctuary like LIONSROCK?
- Or, donating towards animal welfare on behalf of your loved ones?
- Or, why not a simple nice dinner in a chic, vegan restaurant nearby?
5. Say no to animal agony
FOUR PAWS wishes all animal lovers a wonderful Valentine's Day!